Friday, June 21, 2013

HEALTHY Mint Hot Chocolate

After my first year of college, I realized two things:

1.) I am a chocoholic 
and
2.) I am damn proud to be one 

I ALSO REALIZED, that you can be a chocoholic, and be very healthy as well! 

Whattttt!!! Oh my gosh, Claudia, how?! Tell me your secrets! ............

NO! 

And why won't I tell you my secrets? Because this is not a place to be worrying about dieting and stupid crap like that. This is a blog to read about the yummy food I am making. And besides, most of the food I cook is healthy anyway, so there is NO NEED to worry my friends :) 

Anyway.. this recipe I came up with to fulfill my chocolate desires on a rainy day when all I need is a good book (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at the time), and some hot cocoa. 

MINT HOT CHOCOLATE

Yield: 1 Delicious cup of Hot Cocoa, just for you :) 

Ingredients: 
1 cup of Coconut Milk (I used Silk Vanilla Coconut Milk)
1/2 cup of Dark Chocolate (either chocolate chips or chopped chocolate from a bar of chocolate) 
2 stems of fresh mint (about 10 mint leaves)

1.) Pour milk into a saucepan, place on medium heat.
2.) Add whole mint leaves to the milk right away, that way the leaves can be cooked with the milk and release all of their deliciousness (do not chop them)!
3.) Allow the milk and mint leaves cook for a minute.
4.) Slowly add chocolate to the milk. Be sure to stir constantly so that you end up with hot chocolate and not milk with a big clump of chocolate at the bottom of the pan! ;)
5.) Cook until it comes up to a boil. 
6.) Take off the heat and pour over a strainer into glass or mug! 
7 .)And lastly... ENJOY! 


p.s. I have no idea how many calories this hot cocoa has. It is definitely much healthier than store bought hot chocolate, and way yummier!  Also keep in mind that this will not be as sweet as your traditional hot cocoa, but it still hits the sweet tooth spot very nicely! 


Cheers!
<3 Babushka 

No comments:

Post a Comment