Friday, June 21, 2013

I've decided to grow some cohones!

Please, don't take the title seriously! What I mean by it is that I've finally decided to get up and start blogging about my passion, FOOOOOD, that for me took some courage (I'm not used to blogging or writing about my personal things on the Internet!) That being said.... 

                                             HELLO!

My name is Claudia and I'm not your average college kid. I'm overly ambitious, loud and can not wait to settle down and have kids...seriously. Well..I mean I CAN wait, and I am waiting, but I'm just excited for that day that I get to be called "mommy" and show my children how my I adore them like my mama has shown me.  But besides being excited about being a mama someday... I go to Marquette University and study Speech-Language Pathology, and I currently have a summer internship with Autism Speaks (which is absolutely AMAZING)! My dream would be to work with people with Down syndrome and families who have children with the disorders. I admire and adore kids with Down Syndrome, and I truly believe that they are the most precious people in the world. 

That's my background info for ya! :) As for my blog...you might be wondering why it's named "My Mini Babushka". 

Well, I am 100% Polish...my parents immigrated to America when my mama was 7 months pregnant with me! I grew up speaking Polish (English is my second language in fact), was of course raised the "Polish" way, visited my family in Poland over the summers and have to endure 12 painful years on Polish school every Saturday. 

SO "My Mini Babushka" is my blog name because...I AM YOUR MINI BABUSHKA :) 

Babushka in many Slovakian languages means grandma. In Polish actually, the proper name for grandma is Babcia however, most people are more familiar with the term Babushka, so I decided to go with that! 

But...you might ask, " Claudia, why are you calling yourself a grandma!? You're just in college!" 

My dear friends, I am calling myself a Babushka because I love to cook and my passion to to cook for my loved ones and see their faces light up when they put that heaping spoon of deliciousness into their mouths!

AND also because the amount of time I spend in the kitchen my mama says I remind her of my grandma in Poland, and she calls me Babushka all the time ;) I gotta own the nickname my mama gave me, don't I? 


So, there is my introductory story for you guys! 

I will be blogging about FOOD and my COOKING! 

The yummy delicious food I will be posting are my very own recipes :)  I would like them to be Polish Inspired, but I made KILLER, BOMB.COM enchiladas the other day that I will be posting...and enchiladas aren't too Polish haha! 

ENJOY, MY FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment