Monday, July 1, 2013

Bonkers for Banana Bread


I have always been a carbo-holic. Loving bread, pasta, crackers, potatoes, and other other kind of carbs out there! I love fruits even more; I used to eat 8 apples a day regularly. So put two and two together--this girl is in paradise! I used to make banana bread from recipes online, and just adding my little flairs here and there...now I'm at the point where I can fully make my own recipe (how exciting is that)!! 

Here is my prised banana bread recipe with my whole hearted love in every ingredient. It is everything I adore on its own but absolutely love when combined together and baked. Its not too sweet, but just the right amount; moist on the inside but glistening golden brown on the outside. 

Just as I tweeked the recipes I was using from the Internet before, you can also tweek this recipe to add ingredients that you love and adore :)


Ingredients:
4 bananas
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour (I like the nuttiness)
1/3 cup of oats
2 eggs
1 heaping Tbs of Greek yogurt
1/3 cup of honey
1 Tbs agave nectar
2 Tbs of olive oil 
2 caps of orange juice
1 Tbs of coconut oil 
1 tsp salt
2 tbs cinnamon
a pinch of ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda


Assembly:

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon.  Set aside.
2.) In another bowl, mash together bananas until it become sort of a slurry. Beat in eggs, Greek yogurt, honey, agave nectar, orange juice, and olive oil. 
3.) Slowly, mix in the dry ingredients into the wet banana mixture. Best done in thirds. 
4.) If your coconut oil is solid in a jar like mine was, put it in a glass cup and microwave for about 30 seconds until it becomes a liquid. Then add oil and oats to the batter. 
5.) Get out a long 4X8 bread baking pan, cover it with oil (so banana bread doesn't stick) and spoon in batter. 
6.) Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. When finished baking, let it rest for 10 minutes and indulge :)


**This banana bread is very moist! Dont think that it is under cooked--thats what my mom thought! It definitely is not...it is simply delicious! 

Not not mention--this recipe is much healthier than most banana breads, but a lot yummier! (And I've had my good share of banana bread in the past)

Ive added, nuts, chocolate chips, cranberries, raspberries and jam to this recipe before and it always tastes great! 



ENJOY!! :)

<3 Babushka


No comments:

Post a Comment